For its second major event of this year, the Inclusive Business Forum of Zimbabwe decided to feature the experiences of six of the organisations with whom SNV Zimbabwe has worked in Zimbabwe, providing technical and/or financial assistance in terms of their Inclusive Business Scan and/or Capacity Building Grant facilities. Some organisations have also used the CREATE Fund (progress on which was reported in our March Newsletter).
The IB projects presented included the following:
- Warehouse Receipting System serving smallholders: Northern Farming – Mr Lance Kennedy, General Manager, Northern Farming.
- Dairyzones Model – Mr Cleopas Murenzi, Chief Executive Officer, MilkZim.
- Engaging Smallholders in the Sesame Seed Value Chain – Ms Bridget Parham-Field, Director, Sidella Trading.
- Mobile Information Sharing Platform – adding value to agricultural value chain actors – Mr Charles Dhewa, Chief Executive Officer, Knowledge Transfer Africa.
- Engaging Smallholders in high value export-oriented horticulture – Mr Edwin Moyo, Chairman, Rollex.
- Certifying SMEs for improved market access – Mrs Eve Gadzikwa, Director General, Standards Association of Zimbabwe.
- Video Presentation – Matanuska Banana Project in the Eastern Highlands..
We would like to thank and congratulate the top executives from the six organisations who willingly and expertly shared their experiences and learning curves to date. While most were linked to smallholder farming, it was clear that Inclusive Business projects can be successfully implemented across a diversity of projects with mutually beneficial outcomes for corporate businesses and small scale operators/ community based organisations.
The two events held so far this year by the Inclusive Business Forum of Zimbabwe have been attended by 128 people, indicating a growing interest in the subject.
There are very many examples from around the world of Inclusive Business projects, some of which are featured on this Inclusive Business Forum Website.
For more information please contact us on email@example.com