In March 2015, the IB Forum of Zimbabwe and SNV were invited to present at a breakfast workshop hosted by the Southern Africa Trust and EMCOZ. The Workshop, entitled: "Inclusive Business - Assessment and Guidance Tools for Companies" launched the "Business for Development (B4D) Pathfinder Tools".
More and more companies have started to implement the concept of inclusive business, which is the profitable integration of small and micro enterprises or customers at the Base of the Pyramid into the company’s value chain. However, few companies have a system in place to measure whether their efforts are successful. The Southern Africa Trust, through its Business for Development (B4D) Pathfinder project has developed tools for online self‐assessment and guidance to support companies in implementing inclusive business. The tools assist with identifying the successes and gaps, and provide recommendations on how to implement or expand your company’s inclusive business activities. If you cannot measure it, you cannot manage it!
The workshop was attended by several Zimbabwean companies currently involved in IB projects. The IB Forum/ SNV presented on "The approach of the Inclusive Business Forum of Zimbabwe and progress to date".
A summary of the Agenda is provided below:
- Registration and Breakfast
- Welcome & Introduction on Promoting & hindering factors for inclusive business, John Mufukare, Employers’ Confederation of Zimbabwe (EMCOZ).
- The approach of the Inclusive Business Forum of Zimbabwe and progress to date, Peta-Jane Spong, IB Forum on behalf of Waddilove Sansole, Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) Zimbabwe.
- Launch of the Business for Development (B4D) Pathfinder Tools, Ullrich Klins, Southern Africa Trust.
- Demo of the B4D Barometer Testing the Tools
- Closure of the meeting, John Mufukare, Employers’ Confederation of Zimbabwe (EMCOZ).
(Harare, Zimbabwe, 12 March 2015 - Breakfast Meeting, Meikles Hotel).
For more information, please refer to http://www.b4dpathfinder.co.za/