The main objective of the Inclusive Business Forum is to promote inclusive growth and development by establishing productive alliances between companies and small scale operators/communities/community based organisations, with benefits for both. These productive alliances can be applied across a company’s value chain.
To assist in the achievement of this objective it is hoped that:
- The concepts of Inclusive Business will be facilitated by the support of public policy, NGO’s and donors.
- Through the Technical Assistance Facility, the Forum will encourage up to 10 organisations to carry out Inclusive Business Scans of approved potential projects.
- The Forum will act as partnership brokers particularly in sharing information, experiences and opportunities.
- The Forum will promote business to business partnerships that enable companies to work together where feasible and appropriate.
- The Forum will develop guidance criteria for projects, using lessons learned from numerous international, regional and local experiences and case studies.
- The Forum will use, for example, workshops, webinars, a newsletter and a website as tools towards these ends.