Sep 30, 2013
The Inclusive Business Forum of Zimbabwe was established as a collaboration between SNV Zimbabwe and the Business Council for Sustainable Development Zimbabwe (BCSDZ), with the generous support of the Ford Foundation. At present the IB Forum has over 70 member organisations. Membership includes organisations within the following sectors:
• Agriculture, Agribusiness and Agro-processing;
• Sanitation and Hygiene;
• Information and Communications Technology (ICT);
• Retail and Distribution;
• Renewable Energy;
• Waste Management;
• Consultancies and Business Services;
• Auditors and Accountants;
• NGO’s and Development Agencies (including UNDP, UNIDO, Environment Africa);
• Sector Associations (including SME Association, CZI); and
• Government Agencies (including Environmental Management Agency, Ministry of Industry and Commerce).
The IB Scan is a facility which, with the support of the Ford Foundation, has been designed to assist identify and/or assess potential IB projects, and whether or not they make business sense both for the company and the small scale operators or community based organisations concerned.
SNV Zimbabwe, together with specialist consultants if deemed necessary, undertake the Scan. It will include aspects such as the IB opportunities, the potential business models and benefits, the estimated required investment, the expected economic and social impact, the potential strategic partnerships and the framework of an IB business plan. SNV will contribute up to 75% of the pre-agreed cost of the Scan (maximum $3 500 per scan).
For further information on the procedures to apply for a scan on a potential project, please contact Waddilove Sansole at SNV on Telephone (263 4) 776136 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org